OST or Offline Storage Table is an Outlook data file that can be created during the setup of an Exchange or IMAP account in MS Outlook on Windows. Converting Exchange or IMAP OST to the PST file format is performed using the Outlook Import/Export Wizard. First of all, an Outlook user must log in to his Exchange or IMAP account in Outlook using his original MAPI profile.
If the user is unable to log into his Exchange or IMAP account in Outlook, he cannot convert or export anything from mail from OST to PST. This action is not possible for reasons of protecting user data. If you encounter a similar situation, you really need an OST to PST converter which is called Offline OST to PST Converter. It will help you quickly and easily convert an OST file to a PST.
In this article, you will learn about two ways to export or convert an Exchange or IMAP OST to PST file.
- The 1st way: By Outlook Import Export Wizard
- How to convert IMAP or Exchange OST to PST in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019
- How to convert IMAP or Exchange OST to PST in Outlook 2010
- The 2nd way: By Offline OST to PST Converter
- The 3rd way: By Online OST to PST Converter
The 1st way: Using Outlook Import Export Wizard
This path can be used when Outlook is available, while the user can use the data of his MS Outlook. If you do not have access to your Outlook account, you can proceed to the next paragraph of the article.
In addition, you can use this Outlook guide to fix various Outlook errors and access your Exchange or IMAP account.
How to convert IMAP or Exchange OST to PST in Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019
- Click on the Microsoft Outlook iconand go to File>Open & Export>Import/Export
- Find Export to a file in the list, choose it and click Next
- When you see a file of type:list, click Outlook Data File (.pst) and go Next
- To convert all OST file data to PST, select an Exchange or IMAP email account, select the Include subfolders checkbox, and go Next.
p.s: In addition, you can convert any mail folders from the OST file to PST.
- Click on the Browse button and select location saving on your system and then click Finish
If desired, you can protect the converted PST file with a password, in order to protect against unauthorized access to it.
- For doing this, click ‘OK’without entering the password
At this point, the export of the OST mailbox items to the PST data file begins.
NOTE. If necessary, enter the password again.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This method can’t export meta-data (folder properties, blocked list, message rules) to the PST file.
How to convert IMAP or Exchange OST to PST in Outlook 2010
- Click on the Outlook 2010 button, go to File>Openand click on Import
- Select Export to a file from the list and then go Next
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and go Next
- Select email folder, check the box Include subfoldersand go Next
- Click Browseto select location saving and then go Finish
Do not forget that you can protect the converted PST file with a password, in order to protect against unauthorized access to it.
The 2nd way: Using Offline OST to PST Converter
Offline OST to PST Converter https://www.osttopst.online/offline-ost-to-pst-converter is an OST to PST converter for Windows. With it, users can convert various necessary Exchange or IMAP OST files to PST and other file formats such as MSG, EML and TXT. In addition, this tool helps to convert an encrypted OST file to PST using the software.
How to convert OST to PST by the software:
- Download, install and launch Offline OST to PST Convertersoftware
- Click Browse button to select the OST file or click Search for .pst & .ost files to locate all OST files stored on your system
- Click Next
- Choose Converter mode and click Next
- Wait for the OST file to be read
- Preview the content of OST file and click Next
- Choose folder for saving a .PST file and click the Next button
- Choose Save as PST file and then click Save
The 3rd way: By Online OST to PST Converter
You can install Online OST to PST Converter here https://www.osttopst.online/. This tool converts the .ost file to the .pst file of the latest version of Unicode on any device (PC, tablet, phone) and on any operating system (Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, etc.). Thanks to this program, you can convert encrypted or password-protected OST files.
How to convert OST to PST online:
- Open https://www.osttopst.online/ in your browser
- Choose or drag & drop OST file
- Entre email address
- Click Next Step
- Wait for the file to load and be converted
- Preview of PST file. You can download DEMO .PST file with saved five items per folder
- Pay $10 per 1Gb of source OST file
- Download converted PST file
You can quickly and efficiently convert Exchange or IMAP OST to PST on Windows using the Outlook Import / Export Wizard. Thanks to this, you can back up your mailbox and transfer the items from it to another Outlook account. But remember that converting OST files to PST is not possible if you do not have access to an Exchange or IMAP account or you are not able to log into your Outlook account. If you encounter such a problem, then the solution for you is to use an effective and safe tool for converting OST to PST, such as Offline OST to PST Converter or Online OST to PST Converter.
Using the software, you can convert the OST file you need to a PST file. In addition, you can split large .pst files to back up so that no damage occurs. The software also helps to convert OST to other formats such as EML, MSG and TXT.