Smart Home Security technologies are leading in our societies today. Many companies are diversifying their products towards these security techs. Recently, the Honeywell smart thermostat brand came up with an all- in- one smart home security starter kits. This security system enables consumers to be aware of what is happening in and around their residence.
Honeywell security system is a self-installed security solution that can monitor everything happening around the home. This smart home security surveillance comes with an integrated 1080p HD camera equipped with night vision and facial recognition capabilities.
This smart home security system has impressive features that ensure consumers comfort. It has outdoor and indoor sensors & motion viewers which alert you every time your windows and doors are opened. Its features are well modified and user-friendly.
Features Of Honeywell Smart Home Security
1. BUILT IN CAMERA: Honeywell smart home built in camera base station helps you to stay connected to your home with its intelligent motion detector. It sends smart mobile alerts directly to your device. You can look at live videos to check in, and also utilize the two-way audio to interact.
2. MOTION DETECTION: Honeywell smart home security has a surveillance system to detect motion and immediately sends signals to the surveillance camera to begin capturing.
3. WORKS as a Z-WAVE HUB: This feature works pretty well. It can pair with any Z-Wave enabling device. You can control it via the Honeywell Home mobile App, or you can use Google Assistant at your convenience to control any of the devices connected to the base station.
4. FACIAL RECOGNITION: The good thing about Honeywell’s facial recognition feature is… ‘it’s free’ unlike other companies that make you pay for this same feature. Although their facial recognition gives you only a two-hour window, you’ll have to apply creativity to meet your needs. NB: Their facial recognition may not recognise you all the time due to some unresolved issues.
5. FREE 24HOURS VIDEO STORAGE HD VIDEO: This feature offers a free 24hour video storage capacity. It stays alert all day and night with night vision and motion detection to capture unexpected activities as recorded video clips in 1080p HD, with clear audio.
6. ALEXA COMPATIBILITY: This feature comes with Amazon Alexa compatibility, but it has limited features. Such as the inability to stream music on your security system with Alexa, or use their drop-in capabilities. On the plus, they do have skills that enable smart lights.
How Does Honeywell Smart Security Work?
The Honeywell mobile App kicks start immediately after installation; it can detect any motion and instantly records a pin-sharp 1080p, with full audio coverage then immediately sends it to your smartphone receiver. It has well-built features that update you with everything taking place in your home.
You can choose the live interaction option using the system’s two-way microphone. Also, you have the option of setting off the loud 90dB alarm, which is a good checkmate on your kiddies’ home activities. You can control via the App or through the Alexa voice commands, and the system is also compatible with Google Assistant, and IFTTT.
The App is packed with advanced Geofencing so that it can switch modes. The main security modes are Away mode and Night mode. Away mode triggers the alarm when anything triggers the sensors. However, the doors and window sensors will trigger the alarm when it is on Night mode but omit every motion sensor. You can switch the camera on or off at will to suit your preference.
In conclusion, the Honeywell thermostat brand has done nobly with their smart home security system. With its highly fragmented features that have taken us to a greater dimension of technology. Honeywell smart home security system offers features that promote residential and office security measures. These measures promote the use of technology and keeps adequate tracks of event around the home.