Samsung Smart TV is one brand that offers the best picture quality. However, one thing that hasn’t changed is the sound quality. Every television no matter the brand comes with an in-built speaker. The internal volume space is small, and speakers require enough space to push much air to produce better sounds.
So, even though the picture is top-notch, the sound quality may not be standard you enjoy. The audio sound is thin which doesn’t compliment your Smart TV’s life-like pictures. Therefore, the best way to improve the sound is through a home theater or external speaker.
How to Connect your Samsung Smart TV to your Home Theater
There are many options available for you to connect your Samsung smart tv to a home theater. However, all of them require that you go through the TV menu settings. For instance; you will need to activate your TV’s audio output attributes. Also, you must switch the TV’s audio output from its internal to the external output. Then, activate the specific option procedure you prefer to use. After this level, use either of these options; RCA connections, Digital Optical Connections, HDMI-ARC Connections, and through Bluetooth.
This particular option is the most basic if you want to enhance the audio quality of your TV. It only has to do with connecting your TV’s analog stereo output otherwise called RCA outputs to the available external audio system. You can do it as follows;
- Firstly, connect the cables of your TV’s RCA to a particular corresponding audio input on the home theater receiver.
- Your RCA connecting output will send out the two-channel stereo from your TV to your home theater.
- Check for any extra audio settings like Dolby Prologic II or IIx. If there is such a thing, you can extract the surround sound signal out of its stereo input signal.
- In case your Samsung Smart TV doesn’t have an RCA, it is likely to come with the mini-jack of 3.5mm or 1/8 –inch. If such is the case, you should use the stereo mini-jack connected to the RCA cable adapter.
Digital Optical Audio Connection
The digital optical audio connection is another good option for connecting your Samsung smart TV to your home theater. If you want to connect with this option, you have to;
- Attach the digital optical audio output that comes from your television to the corresponding digital optical audio input on your home theater. Similar to that of the RCA connection.
- On your Samsung Smart TV, you can have access to 2 or 5.1 channel non-decoded audio signal which your home theater can decode appropriately.
- You can go into the television’s audio output settings in case your home theater system is not issuing forth the required sound. Just look for the option called PCM and the problem can be rectified.
This Audio Return Channel is another good way of connecting your Samsung Smart TV to your home theater. If you want to benefit from this connection, there is the need for an HDMI-ARC input on Smart TV. With this feature, you can easily transfer your TV audio signal back to the home theater that is equipped with HDMI-ARC. You don’t have to look for a separate analog or digital connection from your TV’s audio system.
You can manually use that particular cable which is connected to your TV’s HDMI input system, labeled HDMI-ARC. The cable can receive the incoming signal and also the output signal coming from inside the television and send it back to your home theater. Just make sure that the HDMI is compatible to ARC so that you don’t have to utilize a different audio connection between the television and the home theater.
It is also possible to use Bluetooth to send the audio from your television to your home theater. This option is beneficial since you don’t need to connect any cable. The entire connection is wireless. With the Samsung Share feature from your Smart TV, you can easily make the connection. However, you need to get a Samsung home theater that is also equipped with the same features.
Technology advancements have made everything easier. There is no need for you to endure a thin or bad audio sounds from your TV. All you have to do is to use one of the four options listed above to connect to your home theater and enjoy better audio sounds.